Indication of Aadhaar number in Pension papers of all employees-regarding.
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
DEPARTMENT OF EXPENDITURE
CENTRAL PENSION ACCOUNTING OFFICE
TRIKOOT-II,BHIKAJI CAMA PLACE,
PHONES: 26174596, 26174458, 26174438
CPAO/Tech/Jeevan Pramaan/(3) Vol-II/2015-16/156
Subject:- Indication of Aadhaar number in Pension papers of all employees-regarding.
Attention is invited to CPAO OM No. CPAO/Tech/Jeevan Pramaan/2015-16/1770 dated 07.03.2016 and D.O. letter dated 30.07.2015 from CGA to all Secretaries (Civil Ministries) followed by OM No. CPAO/Tech/Jeevan Pramaan/2016-17/07 dated-07.04.2016 regarding incorporation of Aadhaar number in the fresh PPOs.
2. In terms of Section 7 of the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and other Subsidies, Benefit and Services) Act,2016 “The Central Government or, as the case may be, the State Government may, for the purpose of establishing identity of an individual as a condition for receipt of a subsidy, benefit or service for which the expenditure is incurred from. Or the receipt therefrom forms part of, the Consolidated Fund of India, require that such individual undergo authentication, or furnish proof of possession of Aadhaar number or in the case of an individual to whom no Aadhaar number has been assigned, such individual makes an application for enrolment: Provided that if an Aadhaar number is not assigned to an individual, the individual shall be offered alternate and viable means of identification for delivery of the subsidy, benefit or service”. Further, DP&PW has intimated vide OM No. 1/20/2016-P&PW (E) dated-08.08.2016 (copy enclosed) that it has issued a revised format for the application for pension by retiring employees (Form-5) in which Aadhaar number is to be indicated, if available. DP&PW has also requested Secretaries of the Ministries/ Departments to ensure that only the latest revised Form-5 & 7 complete in all respects including Aadhaar number, where available, are forwarded along with pension papers to the PAO.
3. In view of above, all Pr. CCAs/CCAs/CAs/AGs/ Administrators of UTs are again requested to issue instructions to PAOs to invariably watch the mention of Aadhaar Number in Pension paper received from Heads of Offices. Further it is also requested to take up the matter with JS (Admin) and Heads of Department/Heads of Offices of respective Ministries/ Departments to ensure for providing Aadhaar number in pension papers in all cases being submitted to concerned PAOs to enable them to incorporate the same in PPO booklets.
Encl:- As above
Controller of Accounts
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioners Welfare
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhavan,
Khan Market, New Delhi,
Dated: 8th August, 2016
Subject: Indication of Aadhaar numbers in the pension papers of all retiring employees- reg
The Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare has issues a revised format for the application for pension by retiring employees (Form 5) in which Aadhaar number is to be indicated, if available (Copy enclosed).
2. From the weekly report submitted by CPAO, it is seen that only 37% PPOs carry Aadhaar number. The UIDAI reports almost 100% coverage for the 18+ age group, it is therefore, unlikely that retiring employees do not have Aadhaar numbers.
3. It is requested that necessary instructions be issued to the Pay and Accounts Offices so that Aadhaar numbers are captured in the PPO, if available.
4. This issue with the approval of Secretary(Pension).
Joint Secretary to the Government of India
Also Read - Expected DA from January 2017
Also Read:One Day Strike on 16th March, 2017.
Also Read:Observe 6th March 2017 as BLACK DAY