MEDICAL FACILITIES FOR GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF HEALTH AND FAMILY WELFARE
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND FAMILY WELFARE
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO. 2566
TO BE ANSWERED ON 9TH AUGUST, 2016
MEDICAL FACILITIES FOR GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES 2566. SHRI RAM KUMAR KASHYAP:
Will the Minister of HEALTH AND FAMILY WELFARE be pleased to state the details of medical facilities being provided to Central Government employees?
THE MINISTER OF STATE IN THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH AND
(SHRI FAGGAN SINGH KULASTE)
(i) Central Govt. employees drawing their salary from Central Civil Estimates of Government of India are covered under Central Govt. Health Scheme (CGHS) in the cities where CGHS is in operation.
Facilities available to Central Government employees under CGHS are as under :
1. OPD treatment and medicines from CGHS Wellness Centres
2. Specialist Consultation at Govt. Hospitals
3. Hospitalization at Govt. and CGHS empanelled hospitals
4. Investigations at Govt. and empanelled Diagnostic centres.
Also Read - Expected DA from January 2017
Also Read : Draft minutes of Allowance Committee – DOP&T Specific allowances
5. Medical consultation and dispensing of medicines in Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Unani and Siddha systems of medicine (AYUSH).
6. In case of emergency, CGHS beneficiaries can go to any hospital, empanelled or non-empanelled and avail medical treatment.
7. Reimbursement of expenses for treatment in Private unrecognized hospitals in case of emergency.
8. The beneficiary can go to any CGHS Wellness Centre in the country.
9. Reimbursement of expenses incurred for purchase of medical equipments such as hearing aid, hip/knee joint implants, artificial limbs, pace makers, ICD/Combo device, Neuro implants etc., as per the CGHS ceiling rates and guidelines.
(ii) Central Government employees who are not covered under CGHS are provided medical facilities under Central Service (Medical Attendance) Rules, 1944. They can avail treatment from Central Government / State Govt. Hospitals and hospitals recognised by the State Govt./CGHS/CS (MA) as well as the hospitals fully funded by either Central Govt. or the State Govt. with the approval of the Head of the Department on the basis of medical prescription issued by the concerned Authorized Medical Attendant.