CALCULATION ARREARS ON 50% PENSION FOR JCO/OR
HOW TO GO ABOUT CALCULATION OF ARREARS OF JCOs & Ors:- With coming of this rule the arrears will be due to those persons who have been receiving Pension lesser than the 50% of “Minimum of Pay in Pay Band” wef 01 Jan 2006 to 30 June 2014 ie upto the date of implementation of the OROP Scheme.
2. Hence the first and foremost item to know is the “Min of Pay in Pay Band” pertaining to your Group and Rank. The above chart has been derived from various Circulars issued by PCDA(P). Do intimate in case there be some changes and modification is needed.
3. The amount by which you have been getting lesser than this amount is the Basic difference now payable per month.
4. In case of JCOs & ORs three Circulars ie 547, 430 and 501 are important. There will thus be three differences corresponding to periods as under :-
(a) Difference between MP in PB and figures in 547 from 01 Jan 2006 to 30 June 2009.
(b) Difference between MP in PB and figures of circulat 430 from 01 Jul 2009 to 23 Sep 2012.
(c) Difference between MP in PB and figures of Circular 501 from 24 Sep 2012 to 30 Jun 2014.
5. Note down these figures where ever they are less than the MP in PB. However in case they are higher than the MP in PB these are not to be taken into account and the difference be taken as Zero.
6. Multiply these three differences with Multiplication factors as under to add period and DA:-
Also Read - Expected DA from January 2017
Also Read : Clarification on Option and Pay Fixation in 7th CPC
(a) 01 Jan 2006 to 30 Jun 2009 = 46.02.
(b) 01 Jul 2009 to 23 Sep 2012. = 57.62
(c) 24 Sep 2012 to 30 Jun 2014. = 39.76
7. Add the results these are your likely Arrears:- Let us understand with the help of example of “Nb Sub / JWO / CPO” of “Y” Group. retired with 20 Yrs of service.
(a) The “MPinPB” for Rank & Gp is Rs 16660/- hence the BASIC PENSION is half of it i.e Rs 8330/-
(b) Pensions as per Circulars = 547 is Rs 6311, 430 is Rs 8088/- & 501 is Rs 8088/-
(c) Differences (1) 8330-6311= 2019, (2) 8330-8088= 242, (3) 8330-8088= 242
NOTE – In case the pension figs of the Cicular are more than the “MP-in-PB”, No arrears are due in such a case for the period and the current pension which is more than “MP-in-PB” will continue.
(2) 242X57.62= 13944,
(3) 242X38.76= 9622,
TOTAL = 116480 Its simple , Isn’t it.
COMPARATIVE TABLE JCOs AND ORs – VARIOUS CIRCULARS