Payment of Overtime allowance to C & W staff of Mechanical Department escorting trains
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi dated : 17.09.2015
The General Secretary,
3, Chelmsford Road,
Sub : Payment of Overtime allowance to C & W staff of Mechanical Department escorting trains.
The undersigned is directed to refer your letter No. I/8/Part. I dated 05.08.2015 regarding above mentioned subject requesting therein to issue the suitable guidelines to Zonal Railways for payment of Overtime Allowance and Night Duty Allowance to C & W staff of Mechanical Department escorting trains.
In this regard, it is mentioned that Western Railway has been replied to vide Board’s letter of even number dated 17.07.2015. A copy of the Board’s reply to Western Railway is enclosed.
DA : As above
For Secretary, Railway Board.
Government of India
Ministry of Railways
New Delhi, dated : 17.7.2015
The General Manager,
Sub : Payment of Overtime allowance to staff escorting Train No. 19301/19302 Indore-Yashwantpur Express – Ratlam Div.
Ref : Railway’s letter No. E/HER/487/RTM/387 dt. 03.6.2015.
In reference to Railway’s letter, referred to above, it is stated that the instructions issued under Letter No. E(LL)/73/HER/26 dt. 13.1.1977 has not been superseded as such, the existing instructions may be followed.
For Deputy Director Estt. (LL)
Government of India
Ministry of Railways
New Delhi, dated 11.1.1977
The General Managers,
All Indian Railways.
Sub : Working hours of Air-conditioned Coach Attendants and Air-conditioned Coach Incharges working on running trains under the Hours of Employment Regulations and for payment of night duty allowance.
Reference Railway Board’s letter No. E(LWA)61/Adj/8, dated 7.5.1969 wherein it was decided in consultation with the Ministry of Labour that the Air-conditioned Coach Attendants would be classified as ‘Continuous’ under the Hours of Employment Regulations and that in computing their hours of employment, they would be allowed credit in full for such of the time spent in travelling during which they were expected to be fairly busy and for a fraction, say, 25% of the time occupied in travelling when they did little or no work. In para 2 of Railway Board’s letter No.PC-67/HW-2/15, dated 20.11.1967, it was clarified that in the case of the non-running travelling staff the time spent on night duty for purposes of payment of Night Duty Allowance shall be reckoned in the same manner and to the same extent as in the period counted as duty under the Hours of Employment Regulations.
2. At the last P.N.M. meeting held between A.I.R.F. and Railway Board on the 22/23rd September, 1976, the following minutes were recorded :
“Full credit of time spent on running train by the Rake Attendants, Air-conditioned Coach Attendants, mid-on-generator staff and the Air-conditioned Coach Incharges :
It was clarified that weightage for night duty in the case of non-running travelling staff would be given on the same basis on which credit for time spent in travelling under H.E.R. is given as provided in Subsidiary Instructions 18(ii) and 20. After discussion, it was agreed that in the case of air-conditioned coach incharges and air-conditioned coach attendants full credit will be given for the time spent in travelling and not 25% as at present.
3. Accordingly, the Ministry of Railways have decided that in computing the hours of employment of the ACC Incharges and ACC Attendants, credit may be allowed in full for such of the time spent by them travelling. The payment of Night duty allowance to ACC Incharges and ACC Attendants may therefore, be regulated in the same manner as indicated above.
4. Necessary steps may be taken to implement the above decision on your Railway and send a report of action taken in the matter to this office, as early as possible, for the information of this Ministry.
5. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways. Hindi version will follows.
Also Read - Expected DA from January 2017
Also Read:One Day Strike on 16th March, 2017.
Also Read:Observe 6th March 2017 as BLACK DAY
6. Please acknowledge receipt.
Deputy Director, Establishment (LT)