One rank one pension issue-MOD Order
Ministry of Defence
Deptt. of Ex-Servicemen Welfare
New Delhi the 24 April. 2014
As decided in the meeting on OROP chaired by Hon’ble RM on 22.04.14. 8 Working Group is constituted as follows to finalize the modalities of implementation of OROP based on the principle specified in the previous meeting on OROP held on 26.02.14. The principle of OROP implies that uniform pension be paid to the Armed Forces Personnel retiring in the same rank with the same length oi service irrespective of their date of retirement and any future enhancement in the rates of pension to be automatically passed on to the past pensioners.
2. The composition of the Working Group would be as follows:
(i) Controller General of Defence Accounts Chairperson
(ii) Joint Secretary (SSW) Member
(ill) Joint Secretary (E). Deptt of Defence Member
(iv) Addl. FA (Defiance Finance) Member
(v) Representatives of the three Services Member
(vi) Addl CGDA Member
(vii) PCDA (P). Allahabad ‘ Member
3. The Terms of Reference of Working the Group are as follows:-
(i) To examine the proposal on implementation of OROP which was presented by the Services in the meeting on 22.04.14 to enable CGDA to prepare DGL after due deliberation on all aspects.
(ii) To work out the detailed financial implications.
4. CGDA would finalise the DGL and submit it to D/o ESW, MOD along with financial implications thereof within three weeks from the date of this order.
5. Since substantial increase is anticipated in expenditure on OROP. FA (DS) would thereafter seek additional funds as per requirement.
Also Read:Lok Sabha Q & A committee on allowances of 7th CPC
6. This issues with the approval or the Competent Authority.
Deputy Secretary (Pension)