Grant of NFSG to UDCs of CSCS – regarding
No. 12/2/2015-CS.II (B)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan
Khan Market, New Delhi-110003
Dated: 18th June, 2015
Subject: Grant of NFSG to UDCs of CSCS – regarding
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s O.M. No. 20/49/2009-CS.II (B) dated 22nd June, 2011 vide which is a new grade of UDC Non-Functional Selection Grade (NFSG) in CSCS in the Grade Pay of Rs.4200/- in Pay Band-2 was created with effect from 22.06.2011.
2. It has been decided in consultation with D/o Expenditure to operationalize the NFSG of Grade Pay of Rs.4200/- in the case of UDCs of CSCS. The cadre units are requested to grant Grade Pay of Rs.4200/-(NFSG) to 1104 UDCS figuring in the list attached as Annexure –I subject to their suitability with effect from 22.06.2011 till the date of their promotion as Assistants on ad-hoc basis / Retirement / Expired /VRS / resigned etc whichever is earlier. The cadre units are also requested that the officials who have already resigned / retired / taken VRS / Expired etc prior to 22.06.2011 may not be granted the Grade Pay of Rs. 4200/-. Further, those UDCs who have been promoted to the grade of Assistant on ad-hoc basis prior to the issue of O.M. No.20/49/2011-CS.II (B) dated 22.6.2011, have been excluded from the list of beneficiaries.
3. While granting the Grade Pay of Rs. 4200/ the cadre units may follow the procedure laid down in sub-para (ii) to (v) of para (b) of this Department’s O.M. No.20/49/2011-CS.II (B) dated 22.06.2011. The pay fixation may be done under Rule 13 of CCS (Revised) Pay Rules, 2008 and other relevant instructions on the subject. The financial implications would have to be met by the respective Ministries / Departments.
4. Cadre units are also requested to send a compliance report in the enclosed proforma (Annexure-II) to CS.II Division, detailing the officers who have been granted NFSG, by 30.06.201. Since the Select List of 2003 (Extended) of UDC grade is under litigation, the grant of Grade Pay of Rs. 4200/- would be subject to the outcome of the SLP (Civil) No. 10342/2015 filed by Shri Pankaj Kumar Mishra and others before the Hon’ble Supreme Court and O.A. No. 794/2015 filed by Shri Kamal Kumar Gupta and others before CAT Principal Bench, New Delhi and also orders in any other connected matter by any competent authority. This may be included in the order to be issued by the Cadre Authorities.
5. M/o Finance, D/o Expenditure’s vide their ID No. 94952/2015/E-III (A) dated 01-06-2015 have concurred with the proposal.
6. In case of errors/omissions if any, the same may be brought to the notice of this Department immediately.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India