Regulation of initial pay on promotion or appointment to a higher post-Benefit of at least one increment – Pay Commission’s recommendations regarding.
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(DEPARTMENT OF EXPENDITURE)
New Delhi-2, the 15th May, 1961.
Subject:-Regulation of initial pay on promotion or appointment to a higher post-Benefit of at least one increment – Pay Commission’s recommendations regarding.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Ministry’s Office Memorandum of even No. dated the 20th March, 1961; on the subject mentioned above.
2. A question has been raised whether the provisions contained in the order quoted above will be applicable even in cases of promotion to ex-cadre posts. It is clarified that the orders quoted above shall be applicable in such cases also provided that the Government servant is entitled to draw pay in the scale of pay attached to the higher ex-cadre post, in accordance with the terms of deputation or transfer sanctioned for him. Where, however, according to the terms of deputation or transfer the Government servant is given his grade pay of the post held by him in his own cadre plus a deputation allowance or special pay at a fixed rate or related to such grade pay, the question of applying the provisions of this Ministry’s Office Memorandum dated the 20th March, 1961 shall not arise.
Also Read - Expected DA from January 2017
Also Read : Draft minutes of Allowance Committee – DOP&T Specific allowances
3. Similarly, in the case of a Government servant who draws pay in the scale of pay attached to an ex-cadre post, if he reverts to his parent cadre and is appointed in that cadre a post higher than the ex-cadre post immediately held before reversion, his pay shall be fixed in accordance with the order dated the 20th March, 1961. In these cases also, the orders shall not be applicable if, in the ex-cadre post, the Government servant has been allowed to draw pay on the basis of his pay in his parent cadre and a deputation allowance or special pay.
4. A doubt has also been raised whether O.M. orders dated the 20th March, 1961 apply to cases of promotion from one Class I post to another Class I post. The orders will not apply to such promotions as the Pay Commission’s recommendation was in respect of promotions upto the class I only.
5. It is also clarified that in a case where a special pay has been shown as part of the scale of pay of the post in the Schedule to the Central Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 1960, the holder of such a post shall have the benefit of the special pay also in the matter of fixation of pay on promotion to a higher post in accordance with the orders dated 20.5.61.
6. In so far as persons serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned, these orders are being issued after consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
DEPUTY SECRETARY TO THE GOVERNMENT OF INDIA.