Notification Amendment to CCS(RP) Rules, 1947
(To Be Published in part II, section 3 of the Gazette of India)
Government of India
Ministry Of Finance
New Delhi, the 4th December, 1952
In exercise of the powers conferred by the provise to article 309 of the constitution, the president hereby makes the following rules, namely,
1. These rules apply to the following classes of Government servants who are pre-1931 entrants and who have not elected the prescribed scales under rule 3(a) of the central civil services (Revision of pay) Rules, 1947, namely:-
(a) i. A Government Servant who held on the 30th September, 1948.
1. A post of assistant Secretary and was drawing pay in the scale of Rs.1000-50-1250: or
2. A post of under secretary and was drawing pay in the scale of Rs.1000-50-1250 plus special pau of Rs.50 per month: or
3. A Post of Deputy Secretary and was drawing pay in the scale of Rs.50 per month: or
ii. a Government servant appointed to any other post during the period from the 1st January 1947 to the 30th September 1948 while holding one of the posts mentioned in sub-clause (i), if it is certified by the appointing authority that he would have held one of those posts on the 30th September 1948 but for his appointment to the other post:
iii. a Government servant who was on leave on the 30th September 1948 if he proceeded on leave from one of the posts mentioned in syb-clause (i) and it is certified by the appointing authority that he would have held that post on the 30th September 1948 but for his being on leave on that date; and
(b) A Government servant to whom clause (a) does not apply and who is appointed after the 30th september 1948 as Assistant secretary in the scale of Rs.1000-50-1250, or as Under Secretary in the scale of Rs.1000-50-1250 plus a special pay of Rs.50, or as Deputy Secretary in the scale of Rs.1000-50-1250 plus a special pay of Rs.200 per month.
2. (1) A Government servant to whom clause (a) of rule 1 applies shall have the option, either
a. To continue to be governed by rules 4 and 5 of the central civil services (Revision of pay) Rules, 1947:
b. To elect to become subject to the scales of pay prescribed under those rules either from the 1st January 1947 or the 16th August, 1947.
(2) A government servant who exercises the option in clause (a) of sub-rule (1) shall be eligible to the rates of pay specified in rule 4 while holding the post of Under secretary or Deputy Secretary, as the case may be.
(3) The Option under sub-rule (1) shall be exercised in writing and communicated to the accounts officer of the Government servant concerned so as to reach him not later than the 31st January, 1953. A Government servant who exercises an ambiguous option or refrains from exercising the option before the 31st January, 1953, or whose option does not reach the Accounts officer before that date, shall be deemed to have exercised the option under clause (a) of sub rule (1). The option once exercised shall be final.
3. The substantive and officiating pay of a Government servant who exercises the option under clause (b) of sub-rule (1) of rule shall be refixed with effect from the 1st December, 1952, at the rate which would have been admissible to him on that date had the option been exercised under rule 3 (a) of the Central Civil Services (Revision of pay) Rules, 1947, no readjustments being made on this account in respect of pay earned before that date.
4. A Government servant to whom clause (b) of rule 1 applies, shall, on appointment to a post of Under Secretary or Deputy Secretary be eligible to draw pay at the following rates, namely:-
(i) As Under Secretary – Rs.1000-50-1250 plus special pay Rs.50 p.m.: and
(ii) As Deputy Secretary – Rs.1000-50-1250 plus Special pay Rs.200 p.m
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India.