Notification – Amendment in Fundamental Rules 1967
(TO BE PUBLISHED IN THE GAZETTE OF INDIA, PART-II SECTION 3, SUB-SECTION (i))
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
New Delhi, the 18th July, 1967
In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to article 309 and clause (5) of article 148 of the Constitution, the President, after consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor General in relation to persons serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department, hereby directs that the following further amendment shall be made in the Fundamental Rules, namely:-
- These rules may be called the Fundamental (Third Amendment) Rules, 1967.
- In Rule 22-C of the Fundamental Rules, after the existing provisos, the following proviso shall be inserted, namely:-
“provided that if a Government servant either –
- has previously held substantively or officiated in-
- the same post, or
- a permanent or temporary post on the same time-scale, or
- a permanent post other than a tenure post, or a temporary post (including a post in a body, incorporated or not, which is wholly or substantially owned or controlled by the Government) on an identical time-scale; or
- is appointed substantively to a tenure post on a time-scale identical with that of another tenure post which he has previously held substantively or in which he has previously officiated; then proviso to F.R. 22 shall apply in the matter of the initial fixation of pay and counting of previous service of increment”.
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India.