Fixation of pay on promotion or appointment to higher posts – Anomalies arising out of the application of F.R.22-C
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
New Delhi-2, the 2nd February, 1966
Subject:- Fixation of pay on promotion or appointment to higher posts – Anomalies arising out of the application of F.R.22-C.
The question of removing certain anomalies arising as a result of fixation of pay of Government servants promoted or appointed to higher posts after the introduction of F.R. 22-C, has been under the consideration of the Government of India for some time past.
2. By a strict application of the above Rule, it may happen that a Government servant promoted or appointed to a higher post on or after 1.4.61 may draw a lower rate of pay in that post than another Government servant, junior to him in the lower grade and promoted or appointed subsequently to another identical post.
3. In order to remove this anomaly, the President is pleased to decide that in such cases the pay of the senior officer in the higher post should be stepped up to a figure equal to the pay as fixed for the junior officer in that higher post. The stepping up should be done with effect from the date of promotion or appointment of the junior official and will be subject to the following conditions, name;-
- Both the junior and senior officers should belong to the same cadre and posts in which they have been promoted or appointed should be identical and in the same cadre; and
- The scales of pay of the lower and higher posts in which they are entitled to draw pay should be identical.
- The anomaly should be directly as a result of the application of F.R.22-C. For example, if even in the lower post the junior officer draws from time to time a higher rate of pay that the senior by virtue of grant of advance increments, the provisions contained in this Office Memorandum will not be invoked to step up the pay of the senior officer.
- The orders refixing the pay of the senior officers in accordance with the provisions of this O.M. shall be issued under the F.R.27. The next increment of the senior officer will be drawn on completion of the requisite qualifying service w.e.f. the date of re-fixation of pay.
- These orders take effect from the date of issue of this Office Memorandum. Cases of seniors drawing less pay than juniors in respect of promotions occurring on or after 1.4.1961 may also be regulated under these orders but the actual benefit would be admissible from the date of issue of these orders.
- In so far as persons serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned, these orders have been issued for consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor General.
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India.