Central Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 1960 – Fixation of pay of pre-1931 entrants
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
(Department of Expenditure)
New Delhi-2, the 12th May, 1961.
Subject:- Central Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 1960 – Fixation of pay of pre-1931 entrants.
The undersigned is directed to say that under rule 8 of the Central Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 1960, pre-1931 entrants who had not elected the prescribed scales of pay applicable to them and who are eligible to elect the revised scales, can exercise either of the following options:-
- to elect the revised scale of pay as a whole from the 1st July 1959;
- to remain on the pre-1931 scales applicable to them and continue to draw dearness allowance at the rates in forced on the 30th June 1959.
In cases covered by Explanation 1 to Rule 8, however, such a Government servant may elect to continue to dray pay on the prescribed scale until the date on which he earns his next or subsequent increment in the existing scale, or until he vacates his post or ceases to draw pay on that time scale of pay. The President is now pleased to decide that a similar option, namely, to continue to draw pay on the existing scale in the manner and to the extent prescribed under Rule 8(b) may also be allowed to other pre-1931 entrants who are eligible to elect the revised scales; even though they may be drawing any on a pre-1931 scale. The option will be admissible only in respect of one existing scale and a pre-1931 entrant who exercises such an option would be automatically brought over to the revised scales in respect of all other posts that may be held by him:
2. In view of the above decision, pre-1931 entrants are permitted to exercise a revised option, which should be communicated in writing in the form enclosed to the authority concerned within a period of two months from the date of issue of these order. If a Government servant elects to revise his option, necessary adjustments should be made in respect of the pay and allowances drawn in accordance with the original option.
3. In so far as persons serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned, these orders issue after consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India.
4. Formal amendments in the Central Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 1960, will be made in due course.
(HOT CHAND )
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India.