OFFICE OF THE CONTROLLER OF DEFENCE ACCOUNTS
(PENSION) DRAUPADI GHAT,ALLAHABAD-211014
Important Circular No.176
1. The Chief Accountant, RBI, Deptt. Of Govt. Bank Accounts, Central office C-7, Second Floor, Bandre- Kurla Complex, P B No. 8143, Bandre East Mumbai- 400051
2. All CMDs, Public Sector Banks including IDBI Bank
3. Nodal Officers, ICICl/HDFC/AXIS/IDBI Banks
4. All Managers, CPPCs
5. Military and Air Attache, Indian Embassy, Kathmandu, Nepal
6. The PCDA (WC), Chandigarh
7. The CDA (PD), Meerut
8. The CDA, Chennai
9. The Director of Treasuries, All States…
10. The Pay and Accounts Officer………….
11. The Post Master Kathua (J&K)
Subject: Payments on the basis of Life Certificate
Provisions regarding payment of pension to defence pensioner/family pensioners on the basis of Life Certificates are provided in Defence Pension Payment Instructions 2013
2. As per the extant procedure, pensioner who does not appear in person for one or other reasons can produce a Life Certificate as in Form No. 5 of Appendix 11 to DPPI 2013 from one of the authorities mentioned at items I to XIX of para 69 of ibid Instructions during the month of November every year. Similar provisions are available in Scheme for payment of pensions of Defence Pensioners by Public Sector Banks. This causes hardship particularly to those who are aged and/or infirm Pensioners. Besides, the existing system is prone to misuse by way of fraudulent withdrawls causing loss to the exchequer.
3. To overcome above causes /situation, the Department of Electronics & IT, Ministry of Communications & IT, Government of India has developed “Jeevan Pramaan Digital Life Certificate” Portal (jeevanpramaan.gov.in).
4. In view of the above, it has been decided that with
immediate effect a Life Certificate issued online by a Government Agency as a result of Aadhaar Biometric Authentication will also be accepted as a valid certificate. This document may be accessed through a website ( to be notified separately) by the Pension Disbursing Agency without insisting either on personal appearance of the pensioner or Life Certificate by the competent authority referred above.