Clarification regarding educational qualification for engagement/appointment/recruitment on the railways.
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
No. E (NG)-II/2013/SB/3.
New Delhi, dated:29 /10/2014
The General Manager (P),
All Zonal Railways/Production Units
Also Read - Cabinet approves modifications in the 7th CPC recommendations on pay and pensionary benefits
Also Read - Gds Committee Report – Latest Position
Sub: Clarification regarding educational qualification for engagement/appointment/recruitment on the railways.
For appointment/engagement and recruitment to posts in Pay Band-1 of 5200-20200 (Grade Pay: 1800), possession of qualification as prescribed in terms of Board’s letter No. E(NG)II/2009/RR-1/10/Pt. dated 09/12/2013 is mandatory.
2. Persons already engaged/appointed/recruited against erstwhile Group `D’ posts, prior to implementation of 6th CPC pay structure, may be extended benefit of revised pay structure of Pay Band-1 (Grade Pay: 1800) provided they are in possession of prescribed qualifications. In case of non-possession, benefit would be subject to imparting of requisite training as per instructions contained in Board’s letter No. E(MPP)2008/3/17 dated 24/9/2008.
3. Further, persons engaged with relaxed qualification in terms of Board’s letter No. E(NG)II/2009/RR-1/10/Pt. dated 05/01/2011 and 27/04/2011 may be kept in -ls Pay Band of 24440-7440 (Grade Pay: 1300) till they also are imparted requisite training as per instructions contained in Board’s letter No. E(MPP)2008/3/17 dated 24/9/2008.
4. Widows, even if not possessing the prescribed qualification but being considered for appointment on compassionate grounds, have to be placed in Pay Band-1 of 5200-20200 having Grade Pay: 1800 directly, without insisting on fulfillment of educational qualification norms provided the appointing authority is satisfied that the duties of the post against which she is being appointed can be preformed with help of some on job training (RBE No. 102/2012).
5. Persons engaged with relaxed qualification in terms of stipulation made in Board’s letter No. E(NG)II/2011/RR-1/11 dated 9/12/2011 will remain in -1S Pay Band of 4440-7440 (Grade Pay: 1300) and continue to be governed under the provision contained in para 2 of letter issued under RBE No.166/2011 dated 09/12/2011 till they acquire the prescribed qualification.
6. All those not covered under the above paras will have to possess the prescribed qualification for appointment to a post on the Railways.
7. All these are equally applicable to persons appointed as substitutes. Please acknowledge receipt.