Forwarding of applications for allotment, acceptance etc. of GPRA and verification of particulars/details provided in the form.
Government of India
Ministry of Urban Development
Directorate of Estates
New Delhi -110 108.
Dated the 29th August, 2014
Sub: Forwarding of applications for allotment, acceptance etc. of GPRA and verification of particulars/details provided in the form.
Also Read - Cabinet approves modifications in the 7th CPC recommendations on pay and pensionary benefits
Also Read - Gds Committee Report – Latest Position
The undersigned is directed to invite attention to this Directorate O.M. No. 12035/16/2010-Pol.II dated 8.4.2010, 19.11.2010, 22.12.2010, 25.8.2011, 18.11.2011 and 12.8.2014 vide which Automated System of Allotment [ASA] was introduced for allotment of various types of General Pool Residential Accommodation (GPRA) in Delhi.
2. On introducing Automated System of Allotment (ASA) for various types of GPRA, all applicants have been requested to create an account in e-Awas and fill up the required application form by following the instructions on the screen. After completing the process online, the applicants were requested to take out a print-out of the application and get the same duly forwarded to the Directorate of Estates through their office. On receipt of hard copy of application duly forwarded by the office, the account of the applicant is activated by sending him/her a Registration Number (which will work as his/her ID) and a Password through SMS and/or email. Once the applicant has received his/her registration number and log-in password through SMS and/or email, then he/she will be able to operate his/her account in eAwas and make required changes in his/her preferences/choices etc. as and when required online.
3. As per the extant instructions while forwarding the DE-2 Form, Supplementary Form, Acceptance of Accommodation form etc., the office of the applicant has to verify the particulars/details furnished in the form and certify them. However, it has been experience of the Directorate of Estates that some of the forms of applicants have not been properly filled up in consonance with the Allotment of Government Residences (General Pool in Delhi) Rules, 1963 and the instructions issued by the Directorate of Estates from time to time. This results in unnecessary problems and waste of time to the Directorate of Estates as well as to the applicants for GPRA.
4. In order to mitigate the problems in this regard, all eligible offices for general pool residential accommodation, are requested to verify and ensure that the particulars/details given in the application form for allotment, acceptance etc. meet the requirements of the Allotment of Government Residences (General Pool in Delhi) Rules, 1963 and the instructions issued by the Directorate of Estates from time to time. The Directorate of Estates is not in a position to verify the particulars/details provided in the forms as service and other particulars are available with the office/Department/Ministry where the applicant is working. The hard copy of the application for allotment etc. duly verified by the administrative office/Department/Ministry of the applicant may be submitted to the Information and Facilitation Centre of the Directorate of Estates, near Gate No.1, Nirman Bhavan, New Delhi. The particulars/details mentioned in the form will not be verified by this Directorate. The responsibility that there is no discrepancy in the particulars/details submitted in the form will rest with the office concerned as well as the applicant. Any allotment etc. made on the basis of incorrect particulars/details will be cancelled. At the time of acceptance of offer of allotment etc. the offices of the applicants invariably verify the particulars/details in the form and enclose necessary orders in respect of appointment, pay fixation and other related documents, if any, which are required to meet the requirements of Supplementary Rules and instructions while forwarding the applications to this Directorate.
5. All Ministries/Departments are informed that only ‘online’ forms available on e-Awas will be accepted for all purposes from 1st October, 2014. No manual filled in forms will be accepted for any purpose.
6. All Ministries/Departments are also requested to circulate these instructions among the government servants including all their attached and subordinate offices for wide publicity.
Deputy Director of Estaes (Policy)