Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund (RMNRF) – regarding. All contributions towards PMNRF are exempt from Income Tax under section 80(G).
F. No. I-28011/2/2013-Coord
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, P.G. & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi
Dated 3rd September, 2014
Sub: Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund (RMNRF) – regarding.
1. Secretary, Central Vigilance Commission, New Delhi,
2. Secretary, Union Public Service Commission, New Delhi,
3. Director, LBSNAA, Musoorie.
4. Secretary, Staff Selection Commission, New Delhi,
5. Director, Central Bureau of Investigation, New Delhi.
6. Registrar, Central Administrative Tribunal, New Delhi.
7. Secretary, Central Information commission, New Delhi,
8. Director, Institute of Secretariat Training & Management, New Delhi,
9. Secretary, Public Enterprises Selection Board, CGO Complex, New Delhi.
I am directed to enclose a copy of Prime Minister’s Office I.D No.82(10350)/2013-PMF dated 20.08.2014 on the above mentioned subject for information.
Encl: As above
(Sushil Kumar Mishra)
Section Officer (Coord)
Copy to : Sr. Technical Director, NIC,DoP&T,North Block, New Delhi for uploading of the I.D on the website of this Department.
Also Read - Expected DA from January 2017
Also Read : Draft minutes of Allowance Committee – DOP&T Specific allowances
PRIME MINISTER’S OFFICE
New Delhi-110 011
Subject: Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund – Reg.
Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund (PMNRF) was constituted in January, 1948 to assist displaced persons from Pakistan. The resources of the PMNRF are now utilized primarily to render immediate relief to the affected families of those killed/injured in natural calamities like floods, cyclones and earthquakes, etc. or in the major accidents/ riots. The fund is also utilized to provide financial assistance for medical treatment like heart surgeries, kidney transplantation, cancer treatment, etc. The fund consists entirely of voluntary public contributions and does not get any budgetary support. Prime Minister is the Chairman of the fund.
2. The undersigned is desired to convey that arrangements may be made to display a caption “All donations towards the Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund (PMNRF) are notified for 100% deduction from taxable income under Section 80G of the Income Tax Act, 1961” by your Department at its home webpage. Besides, Department may also request the PSUs concerned with the Department to carry out this exercise also.
3. This issues with the approval of competent authority.
(Santosh D. Vaidya)
Secretary, Department of Personnel and Training, New Delhi
PMO ID No. 82(10350)/2013-PMF Dated 20-8-2014