KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA SANGATHAN
No. F. 1-21/2014/KVS/ADC(Acad.)
The Deputy Commissioner/Director,
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan,
All Regional Offices/ZIETs.
Subject: Address and Interaction of Hon’ble Prime Minister of India with children of the Nation on 5th September, 2014 – Teachers’ Day
The Hon’ble Prime Minister of India will have an interaction with the children of the country on both face to face as well as through Video Conferencing on 5th September, 2014 tentatively between 3.00 pm to 4.45 pm. The interaction will be broadcast live on Doordarshan as well as other channels and also web-cast live through selected websites and Youtube.
It has been decided that children from all Kendriya Vidyalayas across the country will be witnessing this live address as well as interaction of the Hon’ble Prime Minister with students In this connection, the following may be noted for strict compliance.
1. Periodic announcement must be made in the morning assembly in all the schools regarding the Hon’ble Prime Minister’s programme
2. All the students of KVs should watch the telecast/broadcast at the school during the telecast between 3.00 pm to 4.45 pm.
3. School timings on that day may be adjusted accordingly as per the convenience of the schools in consultation with the Deputy Commissioner of the region.
Also Read - Expected DA from January 2017
Also Read : Draft minutes of Allowance Committee – DOP&T Specific allowances
4. Seating arrangement for children may be made at convenient places in the school such as multipurpose hall, activity rooms, computer labs etc.
5. If required, sufficient TV sets and/or projection devices may be hired for the purpose. To ensure uninterrupted viewing generator sets may also be hired at schools wherever required.
6. Arrangements for refreshments for students should also be made since they
would be staying for a longer period in the school premises.
7. The expenditure may be met out of the RO VVN A/C which would be provided by the RO as per the requirement of individual schools Wherever ROs have insufficient VVN fund the same may be sought by the RO from KVS Headquarters.
8. In schools functioning in two shifts, only second shift children will witness the programme in the school.
9. The same kind of arrangement as per the capacity in all the ZIETs of KVS would be made for watching the programme In addition to the ZIET faculty,students from neighbor-hood schools other than KVs should be invited.
This s a good opportunity for the children to witness the Hon’ble Prime Minister interacting with school children and also listen to him. It should been ensured that all necessary arrangements are made so that children are able to watch the programme.