45th KVS National Sports Meet-2014 – regarding
KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA SANGATHAN
(Min. of HRD, Deptt. of Education, Govt. of India)
Shaheed Jeet Singh marg
New Dehi – 110016
Tel : 26858566, Fax No. 011-26514179
Sub:- 45th KVS National Sports Meet-2014 – regarding.
Attention is invited to the decisions taken during the Annual Meeting of KVS National Sports Control Board held on 24th June, 2014. The details of host regions and dates thereto for organization of 45th KVS National Sports Meet – 2014 is given below:-
|Ahmedabad||Girls||All Games and all events for girls.
See Table – I in attached Modalities*
|14th to 18th October, 2014|
|Delhi & Gurgaon**||Boys||All Games and all events for boys.
See Table – I in attached Modalities*
|7th October-2014 – Inauguration of Cricket Tournament.
8th October-2014 – Inauguration of 45th KVS National Sports Meet.
12th October, 2014 – Closing/Valedictory Ceremony.
* The detailed Modalities for conduct of 45th KVS National Sports Meet-2014 as approved by the Competent Authority are enclosed herewith for ready reference and compliance as applicable.
**The Deputy Commissioner, Delhi Region will act as co-ordinator for Delhi & Gurgaon regions for smooth conduct of 45th KVS NSM-2014 for boys.
It is pertinent to mentioned that the quality of National Sports Meet should be maintained at all levels and all the Deputy Commissioners are to personally ensure that standards are maintained while sponsoring teams for the National event. In particular, it has been decided that the Bench-Mark to be followed in this regard is 6th Place of 44th KVS, NSM-2013. In case the above Bench-Mark is not met by any in a particular sports event then no participant should be nominated for the said event.
The practice of employing and utilizing services of retired TGT(PHE) during Regional and National Sports Meet has been stopped henceforth by the NSCB in its meeting held on 24.06.2014. All are expected to note for compliance.
The contents of this circular and Modalities attached herewith may please be brought to the notice of all concerned for strict compliance.
Encl: As above
(Dr. Dinesh Kumar)
Additional Commissioner (Acad.)
Modalities FOR KVS SPORTS MEET (2014) OFKENDRIAY VIDYALAYAS
*As approved by KVS NSCB in its Annual Meeting on 24th June 2014
I. The 45th KVS National Sports Meet will be organized in the following games/events and selected/identified talented players in these games/events will be sponsored for SGFI:-
Table-I : Games and Sports Events for National Sports Meet-2014
|S. No.||Name of Game/Event||Age Group||Boys||Girls|
|1||ATHLETIC||U- 17, 19||Boys||Girls|
|2||BADMINTON||U- 17, 19||Boys||Girls|
|4||BOXING||U- 17, 19||Boys||No Participation|
|5||CHESS||U- 17, 19||Boys||Girls|
|6||CRICKET||U- 16, 19||Boys||No Participation|
|7||FOOTBALL||U- 19||Boys||No Participation|
|10||JUDO||U- 17, 19||Boys||Girls|
|12||KHO- KHO||U- 19||Boys||Girls|
|13||LAWN TENNIS||U- 17, 19||Boys||Girls|
|15||SKATING||U- 17, 19||Boys||Girls|
|16||SWIMMING & DIVING||U- 17, 19||Boys||Girls|
|17||TABLE TENNIS||U- 17, 19||Boys||Girls|
|18||TAEKWONDO||U- 17, 19||Boys||Girls|
|19||THROW BALL||U- 19||No Participation||Girls|
|20||TUG OF WAR
(up to Regional level)
|23||ROPE SKIPPING||U- 17, 19||Boys||Girls|
*Please see Annexure-III (Kabaddi event)
II.* Regional Sports Meet:
1. There will be essentially no change in organizing Sports Meet at Regional Level.
2. The modalities for conduct of Regional Sports meet including travel/escorting duties up to National level will be decided at Regional level by the Deputy Commissioner of the Region. A Committee may be appointed with DC concerned as the Chairman in this regard for maintaining transparency and to avoid grievances/complaints at a larger stage.
Note:- The practice of employing retired TGT(PHE) as referees, umpires, selectors etc. has been stopped henceforth by the National Sports Control Board (NSCB).
3. The Regions will select and sponsor Regional Teams (mixed KV/talented players) and Best Players/Winners in individual/semi-team events in all Games and sports, as per existing practice (see Annexure-III), for KVS National Sports Meet. This will further be subject to the condition that performance is above the 6th place of 44th KVS National Sports Meet-2013.
4. The Deputy Commissioner(s) will personally ensure that the sponsored players/athletes/winners qualify the minimum bench mark i.e. their performance is equal to or above the 6th place of last year (viz. for 45th KVS National Sports Meet-2014 of KVS, the record of 44th KVS NSM -2013 will be the bench mark) in that particular event/game wherever applicable.
5. The Regional winner(s) of a particular event will not be sponsored for KVS National Sports Meet unless his/her performance is above the bench mark stated above. Any deviation in this regard may invite disciplinary action against the defaulting official(s)/officer(s).
6. The student concerned, if found below the bench mark will also not be allowed to participate in National Meet and certificate of participation will also not be issued in such cases. This should be brought to the notice of all concerned.
7. The Coaching camps may be organized at Regional level. However, the coaching in respect of KV teams will be the responsibility of the Vidyalaya/Principal concerned.
III. National Sports Meet :
1. KVS National Sports Meet will be organized in all games and sports events as stated in Table-I above. During the National Sports Meet, best talented players/individuals in individual events/semi-team/team events in all games sports will be selected for KVS National Team (see Annexure-III). The so selected KVS National teams will be sponsored for SGFI tournaments. Instructions regarding venues, dates and other details of SGFI competitions/tournaments will be issued separately from time to time.
2. All Regional contingents/teams will bring at least 10 flags of their region with them. The flags will be of the size of 4ft. x 3ft. The colour of the flags will be the same as has been allotted for the playing kit of the players of that region. The colours allotted to the Regions can be seen at (Annexure-I)
3. All the Regions should ensure that required number of escorts is sent with the teams. The safety and security consideration should not be compromised in any case.
4. Eligibility Certificates:-All participating students from all Regions will bring eligibility certificates in quadruplicate with them and submit to the venue Principal. Without the eligibility certificate, no student will be allowed to participate. Eligibility Certificates (in quadruplicate) in respect of all the students selected for the SGFI Meet should be sent to the Deputy/Assistant Commissioner (Sports) of Host region immediately for countersignatures, after the conclusion of the KVS National Meet. (Eligibility Certificate and On-line Official Entry Form is enclosed at Annexure-II).
5. In team games, the tournament at National level will be played on league basis up to quarter-finals and knock-out basis at quarter finals, semi-finals and finals.
6. The Regions will select and sponsor Regional Teams and Best Players/Winners in individual/semi-team events in all Games and sports, for KVS National Sports Meet. The Deputy Commissioner(s) will personally ensure that the sponsored players/athletes/winners qualify the minimum bench mark i.e. their performance is equal to or above the 6th place of 44th KVS NSM-2013 record of last year in that particular event/game wherever applicable.
7. The Regional winner(s) of a particular event will not be sponsored for KVS National Sports Meet unless his/her performance is above the bench mark stated above.
8. The student concerned, if found below the bench mark will also not be allowed to participate in National Meet and certificate of participation will also not be issued in such cases. This should be brought to the notice of all concerned.
9. The travel and escorting arrangements up to National Venue of players/teams will be made by the parent Region.
IV. Sports and Games Meet-General Guidelines :
1. The details of age-groups and the class up to which the students are eligible to participate in these games are:-
a) Under-16 years as on 31.12.2014 and up to Class X and born on or after 01.01.1999
b) Under-17 years as on 31.12.2014 and up to Class X and born on or after 01.01.1998
c) Under-19 years as on 31.12.2014 and up to Class XII and born on or after 01.01.1996
2. Proper Sports Infrastructure, as far as Courts/Grounds/Halls etc. is concerned, for the sports meet at all levels Regional, and National should be ensured by the Host KV/Regional Office concerned. Adequate number of Grounds should be made available to run the tournaments concurrently.
3. In team games, the tournament at National level will also be played on league basis up to quarter-finals and knock-out basis at quarter finals, semi-finals and finals. However, for Regional Sports meet, the Deputy Commissioner of the region concerned will be competent to decide modalities for Regional tournaments as per feasibility.
4. The competitions in the Team games of Table-Tennis, Badminton and Tennis will be held as “1st Singles, Doubles and 2nd Singles. For individual events of Badminton, Table Tennis, and Tennis, top five seeds” can play for individual singles and top five winning students of individual Singles can be selected for the next higher level. The regions will invite entries from individual players for Regional level singles tournaments and conduct the Regional level competitions. In the KVS National Sports Meet, the best five singles players may be deputed for SGFI Meet. Total no. of players for the event will not exceed five in each age group.
5. In Athletics and Swimming first position and second position holder can be selected for next higher level. Participants will be permitted to participate in maximum three events, excluding relays. This will further be subject to the condition that performance is above the bench mark specified above i.e. 6th place of 44th KVS NSM-2013 record in the last year. (see II – 4, 5, 6 and III – 6, 7, 8 above)
6. In individual events players will not be selected without contesting three fights/matches. In case such scope of fight/matches does not exist in an event the participant cannot be declared as a winner.
There has to be three rounds in each match. In each round maximum number of points will be nine. Any player who wins maximum number of points in all the three rounds in each weight and age category will be declared winner. There is no restriction on number of players in weight / age category of all individual events. If the number of participants is less than three, a participation certificate may be awarded to individual concerned and he/she may be selected for next higher level (no medal and cash prize will be given in such a case).
If a single contestant reports in an event like judo, taekwondo, boxing of a particular age/weight category, he may be permitted to proceed to next level but should not be declared as winner, however certificate of participation may be issued.
7. Competitions will be organized for the events as prescribed within the KVS guidelines. Players should not be sponsored for events which are not conducted in KVS (see Table-I).
8. Selection of Kabaddi team will be done on the basis of weight category as per SGFI Norms (see Annexure-III).
9. Tug of War may be played up to the school level. Matches can be organized at inter school level. Individual KV can participate in the tournaments organized by regional centers/Tug of War Federation of India.
10. A skater can opt for two races out of three races in quad event and three races out of four races in in-line event for inter school competition. A player can take part only in quad or in-line event. No player can take part in both the events quad and in-line. Only three participants can take part in KVS National Sports Meet/SGFI in one age group in the event of quad and also three participants can take part in KVS National/SGFI in the event of in-line. While selecting the team of three participants quad/in-line preference will be given to 1st place holder/gold medallist. If the team is not complete with three players who are gold medallists then silver/bronze medallist may be selected for higher level. If the Gold medallists are more than three, then marks will be calculated as maximum points.
11. The Deputy Commissioner of the Host Region should constitute a committee to ensure minimum standard in each game/event and depute only those individual players/teams for National level tournament which perform up to a certain standard (at least not below the 6th Position in the previous 44th KVS National Sports Meet-2013). Teams/players should not be deputed just for the sake of participation. Any deviation in this regard may invite disciplinary action against the defaulting official(s)/officer(s).
Note:- The practice of employing retired TGT(PHE) as referees, umpires, selectors etc. has been stopped henceforth by the National Sports Control Board (NSCB).
12. The student concerned, if found below the bench mark will also not be allowed to participate in National Meet and certificate of participation will also not be issued in such cases at National Level. This should be brought to the notice of all concerned.
13. Eligibility Certificates:-All participating students from all Regions will bring eligibility certificates in quadruplicate with them for submission at the venue (Regional/National as applicable). Without the eligibility certificate, no student will be allowed to participate. Eligibility Certificates (in quadruplicate) in respect of all the students selected for the SGFI Meet should be sent to the Deputy Commissioner of Host region immediately for countersignatures, after the conclusion of the KVS National Meet. (Eligibility Certificate and On-line Official Entry Form is enclosed Annexure-II).
Note:- It should be ensured by the Regions concerned that their players participate in all the Sports Meets at all levels with proper Sports Kit and shoes. Non-compliance will be viewed seriously. The playing Kits for the players and PET’S deputed as coach should be as per Annexure-IV.
V. Menu/Food chart for the players should be as per SGFI Norms :
i) Breakfast :- 200 ml Milk, 04 pcs Bread with butter and 04 pcs Bread with jam or 06 to 08 pcs of Idli, Sambhar, Chatni or 04 pcs. Aaloo parantha. 02 pcs of banana or 01 pcs of apple and 02 eggs.
ii) Lunch :- Chapati, Rice, Sweet, any Dal or Rajama or Chana, Seasonal mixed vegetable, panner for vegetarians, salad papad, pickles and chicken/fish for non-vegetarians.
iii) Evening Snacks:- Juice-200 ml with snacks (i.e. Sandwich/samosa/bread pakora/paneer pakora etc.)
iv) Dinner:- Chapati, Rice, Sweet, any Dal or Rajama or Chana, Seasonal mixed vegetable, Paneer for vegetarians, salad papad, pickles and chicken/fish for non-vegetarians.
v) Night (Bed-time):- Milk – 200 ml.
Note:- (1) The same scale/standard of food will be provided to the participants and escorting teachers/PETs/Coaches/Officials as mentioned above. No DA will be charged from Players/Participants/Escorting Teachers/ PETs/Coaches/Officials during stay period of the meet. (2) Mosquito repellents may also be provided for use during night.
VI (A) Expenditure by KV :
The Vidyalayas will make the following expenditure on their teams out of the Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi/School Fund as applicable:-
i) Expenditure on playing kit and playing equipment for participating students will be met out of the VVN of KV concerned for participating in Regional Level Meet.
ii) Expenditure of TA/DA for participating students during the journey period from their respective KV to the Venue of the Regional Level Meet and back will be met out of the VVN of KV concerned.
iii) Expenditure on TA/DA of escorting teacher/PET will be met out of the School Fund of the concerned KV at all levels. The DA however may be restricted as per rules for the periods spent at a venue where Boarding-Lodging including food has been provided by the organizers without any payment by the individuals thereto.
(B) Expenditure by the Region :
The expenditure on (i) Conduct of the Regional level tournaments in all games (ii) Playing equipment (iii) Playing kit for participating students and PET deputed as Coach (iv) Preparing play-fields (v) Honorarium to officials for the matches (vi) Boarding and lodging arrangements of every team in the regional meet (vii) Journey expenditure on TA/DA of participating students/players from their respective KV/region to the Venue of the KVS National Sports Meet (viii) Expenditure on First-aid/medical facilities etc. will be incurred by the Regional Office out of the funds of the Regional Sports Control Board.
(C) Expenditure by KVS (HQ) :
Expenditure on conducting the KVS National Sports Meet will be incurred by the KVS (HQ). Expenditure on playing equipment, playing kit(for SGFI players & PET deputed as coach), medical-aid, transportation, honorarium to officials for conduct of matches, purchase of medals, trophies, shields, printing of certificates and all arrangements regarding organizing of KVS National Sports Meet in each game will also be met by the KVS(HQ).
An amount of Rs.300/- is fixed as boarding and lodging arrangement including contingent charges for participating students. For journey period more than 08 hours, the rate will be Rs.300/-. If journey period is less than 08 hours, the rate will Rs.175/-. For those students who are not staying overnight and not availing lodging facilities will be entitled Rs.175/- per head per day.
VII Cash Awards :
The KVS has instituted the following cash awards for the KVS National level Meet. The expenditure is to be incurred by Host Region on the Spot and later on sent to KVS (Hq) for reimbursement along with full particulars. The expenditure on cash awards will be a separate head isolated from the expenditure incurred on KVS National Meet.
a) For individual games, cash awards of Rs.2500/-, Rs.2000/- and Rs.1500/- for winners of first three places will be given at National level.
b) For team games, each member of the teams will be awarded cash prize of Rs.500/-, Rs.300/- and Rs.200/- for winning the first three places, respectively, in the KVS Naitonal Meet.
c) All those students who win Gold, Silver and Bronze medals in the SGFI in all individual games will be awarded one-time cash scholarship of Rs.6,000/-, Rs.4,000/- and Rs.2,000/- respectively.
d) For team games, each member of the KVS teams which win Gold, Silver and Bronze Medals in SGFI meets will be awarded cash prize of Rs. 1000/-, Rs.750/- and Rs.500/- respectively.
Note: (i) It should be ensured that all Cash Prizes are distributed to the winners in KVS National Sports Meet by the host Regions on the Spot positively, so that unnecessary correspondence & complaints can be avoided.
(ii) In case of SGFI meet winners, the cash awards will be given away by the parent regions as per decision taken by the NSCN in its meeting on 24th June, 2014.
VIII Incentives to students participating in National and International events :
The National Sports Control Board (NSCB), in its meeting held on 24.06.2014, has also decided to honour the students who participate in International events by awarding Rs.25,000/- out of NSCB on case to case basis on the recommendations of the Kendriya Vidyalaya and Regional offices concerned. The Board also decided to honour KV students who excel at National level (selected for Indian team and/or participate in National events) by awarding Rs.20,000/- cash on the case to case basis subject to specific recommendation of KV and RO concerned.
Read more details click here-http://kvsangathan.nic.in/GeneralDocuments/ANN-21-07-14.PDF
Also Read:Lok Sabha Q & A committee on allowances of 7th CPC