Clarification on ACP / MACP to Ordnance Labourers
Ministry of Defence
Department of Defence Production
Sub: ACP / MACP to labourers – reg.
Reference OFB proposal No.800/ACP/MACP/A/I/551
dated : 23.08.2013
The issues involved on the above subject mentioned above had been examined in consultation with D(Civ), Defence(Finance) and DOP&T, DOP&T in the matter has advised in the following manner :
2. Consequent upon implementation of recommendations of 6th CPC, the posts of Unskilled (Labourers) and Semi Skilled Workers have been merged in PB-1 with GP Rs.1800/- (after imparting training) with designation as Tradesman Mate. In case of Tradesman Mate who had completed 30 years of service as on 01.09.2008, would be entitled for financial benefit under MACPS. Hence the following categories of employees are eligible for financial upgradation under ACP/MACPS :
(i) Employees completing 12 years of service upto 31.08.2008 – 1st ACP in GP Rs.1900/-
(ii) Employees completing 24 years of service upto 31.08.2008 – 2nd ACP in GP Rs.2400/-,
(iii) Employees completing 30 years of service as on 31.08.2008 – 3rd MACP in GP Rs.2800/-.
3. The posts of Unskilled (labourers) and Semi-skilled workers which are placed in the Grade Pay of Rs.1800/- have been merged to the post of Tradesman Mate. Para 5 of MACPS provides for ignoring of promotions earned/upgradations granted under ACP Scheme in the past to those grades which now carry the same grade pay due to merger of pay scales/upgradations of posts as a part of the 6th CPC recommendations, Guidelines with regard to grant of financial upgrdations under MACPS, Including that of para 5 of Annexure-1 of MACPS with regard to ignoring of past promotions ACPs granted in the pre-revised pay scales which are now merged in to the same GP, are effective from 01.09.2008 only. Accordingly, thre is no question of grant of 1st ACP to employees completing 12 years of service upto 31.08.2008 in the GP of Rs.1900/- and 2nd ACP on completion of 24 years of service upto 31.08.2008 in the GP Rs.2400/-.
4. So fare as the case of grant of 3rd MACPS benefits to the employees at category (iii) at para 2 above, it may be stated that ACP Scheme has been replaced by MACPS w.e.f.01.09.2008. Fulfillment of prescribed promotional norms including passing of Trade Test has been dispensed with for grant of financial upgradations under MACPS, In consultation with DOE, as MACPS upgradations are granted in the hierarchy of Grade Pay as prescribed in the CCS(RP) Rules, 2008, instead of promotional hierarchy. However, “Benchmark” as prescribed in para 17 of MACPs is mandatory.
5. Thus, para 4 above amply clarifies that for grant of MACPS upgradations which come into effect from 01.09.2008, passing of Trade Test is not mandatory.
6. OFB may take note that of the above clarification given by DOP&T in the matter to deal with all such cases relating to grant of ACP/MACP benefits to the eligible Labourers/Workers.
Also Read:Lok Sabha Q & A committee on allowances of 7th CPC