Karnataka da order Jan 2013-DA Karnataka govt employees Jan 2013
PROCEEDINGS OF THE GOVERNMENT OF KARNATAKA
Sub:- Grant of Dearness Allowance in the Revised Pay Scales 2012
READ: (1) G.O. No. FD 23 SRP 2011, dated: 15.06.2011
(2) G.O. No. FD 7 SRP 2012, dated: 21.04.2012
(3) G.O. No. FD 17 SRP 2012, dated: 14.05.2012
(4) G.O. No. FD 25 SRP 2012, dated: 17.10.2012 (4) Letter No. GEA/321/2013-14 dated 27.04.2013 received from the President, Karnataka State Government Employees’ Association.
GOVERNMENT ORDER NO. FD 9 SRP 2013,
BANGALORE, DATED 8th MAY 2013
Government are pleased to sanction increase in the rates of Dearness Allowance payable to the State Government employees in the Revised Pay Scales 2012 from the existing 4% to 9% of Basic Pay with effect from 1st January 2013.
2. These orders will apply to the full time Government employees, employees of Zilla Panchayats, work charged employees on regular time scales of pay, full time employees of aided educational Institutions and Universities who are on regular time scales of pay.
3. For the purpose of grant of Dearness Allowance, the term ‘Basic Pay’ means, pay drawn by a Government Employee in the scale of pay applicable to the post held by him and includes:
a. Stagnation increment, if any, granted to him above the maximum of the scale of pay.
b. Personal Pay, if any, granted to him under sub-rule (3) of Rule 7 of the Karnataka Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2012.
c. Additional Increment, if any, granted to him above the maximum of the scale of pay.
Also Read:Lok Sabha Q & A committee on allowances of 7th CPC
4. Basic Pay shall not include any emoluments other than those specified above.
5. Government are also pleased to sanction increase in the rates of Dearness Allowance from the existing 4% to 9% of the basic pension/family pension with effect from 1st January 2013 to the State Government pensioners/family pensioners and pensioners/family pensioners of the aided educational institutions whose pension/family pension is paid out of the Consolidated Fund of the State.
6. Separate orders will be issued in respect of pensioners who were drawing immediately before retirement pay in the UGC/AICTE/ICAR and NJPC scales of pay and who retired on or after lst January 2006.
6. The increase in Dearness Allowance admissible under this order is payable in cash.
7. The payment on account of Dearness Allowance involving fractions of 50 paise and above shall be rounded off to the next rupee and fractions less than 50 paise shall be ignored.
8. The Dearness Allowance will be shown as a distinct element of remuneration and will not be treated as pay for any purpose.
DOWNLOAD ORIGINAL PDF-