1. What is iMO?
IMO is a web based instant money transfer service offered by India Post between two individuals within India.
2. How fast is the money transfer?
Money booked through iMO can be disbursed in the next minute.
3. How much money can be sent through iMO?
A minimum of Rs. 1,000/- and a maximum of Rs. 50,000/- can be sent through iMO.
4. Is the money paid in cash?
Receiver can receive the payment in cash upto Rs.50,000. He can also receive the payment through his post office savings bank account in the same iMO office.
5. How is money sent through iMO?
If the money is being sent through the e Post Office, then all the remitter is to go online, register the account and fill in the online booking form. After the online booking form is completed the customer should press submit and this will take you to the payment gateway site where online payment will be processed. Thereafter the receipt will be generated and the reference number on the receipt can be used for further correspondence if required.
6. How does the payee collect money?
The payee can collect money from any iMO post office other than office of booking on presentation of the 16-digit iMO number and production of photo-identity proof. While receiving money the payee will have to fill a simple “To Make Payment” form (given below).
7. What can be presented as proof of identity?
The payee can prove his /her identity by presenting any of the following photo-identity documents:
(a) Voter’s I-Card
(b) PAN Card
(c) Ration Card with photo of receiver
(d) Post Office Identity Card
(e) Driving License
(g) Approved/Recognized Central Government/ State Government/ PSU/Office/College/University ID Card
8. Is iMO expensive?
Given the instant nature of transmission of money, iMO tariff is very reasonable.
9. Can message be sent along with money through iMO?
Yes, along with money you can also send a message. Choose any one from a list of standardized messages and it will be delivered along with the money at no extra cost.
10. What makes iMO special?
It is fast money transfer service from the friendly neighborhood post office – Money can be transferred within a minute.
- It is safe – The money is disbursed only on presentation of the confidential 16-digit iMO number and proof of identity – ensuring that the money reaches the right person.
- It is hassle free – iMO does not involve tedious forms or lengthy procedures. A simple form is to be filled and the money is ready to be transferred.
- It is reliable – India Post has been handling Savings Schemes and Money Transfer for the last 150 years. It is a name you can trust your money with.
11. Can the money be received only at one given iMO Centre or any iMO Centre in India?
The payee can take payment from any iMO Centre in India except the post office where the iMO was booked. This can be a great boon for business travelers, traders, tourists, students, patients admitted to outstation hospitals, etc. as they need not carry cash and can encash iMO as per need at whichever location the need arises.
Also Read - New 7th Pay Commission Pension Calculator As Per Order Date 12.05.2017
Also Read - 7th pay commission calculator
12. Where are the iMO Centres located?
Please click the link for the latest iMO centres. The location of iMO Centres
iMO HELP DESK
email_id : [email protected]