Grant of Interim Relief to the Central Government employees 2nd Aug, 1983
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
New Delhi, the 2nd Aug, 1983
Subject:- Grant of Interim Relief to the Central Government employees.
The Staff Side of the National Council (Joint Consultative Machinery) had raised a demand relating to parity of the scales of pay of Central Government employees with public sector pay scales and pending acceptance of this demand an interim relief to all Group ‘C’ and Group ‘D’ employees of the Central Government. The President is now pleased to sanction interim relief to all Central Government employees at the rates indicated below:-
|Categories of employees/
|Amount of interim
Also Read - Expected DA from January 2017
Also Read : Draft minutes of Allowance Committee – DOP&T Specific allowances
|i)||For employees drawing pay below Rs. 300 p.m.||Rs.50/- p.m.|
|ii)||For employees drawing pay of Rs.300 and above but below Rs.700 p.m.||Rs.60/- p.m.|
|iii)||For employees drawing pay of Rs.700 and above but below Rs.1600 p.m.||Rs.70/- p.m.|
|iv)||For employees drawing pay of Rs.1600 and above but below Rs.2250 p.m.||Rs.80/- p.m.|
|v)||For employees drawing pay of Rs.2250 p.m. and above.||Rs.100/- p.m.|
2. The provisions of this Memorandum apply also to the employees of Union Territories.
3. For the purpose of determining pay range, the term ‘pay’ shall be as defined in FR 9(21) (a). Thus, special pay, non-practising allowance, personal pay, deputation allowance, etc. will be taken into account for determining the pay slab for interim relief.
4. The interim relief mentioned above will be paid with effect from 1.6.1983.
5. The amount of interim relief will be taken into account for determining retirement benefits and it will not count for any other purpose, i.e. for determining any allowance admissible on the basis of ‘pay’ or ‘emoluments’.
6. In so far as the officers serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned, these orders issue after consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
(S. C. Mahalik)
Joint Secretary to the Government of India