Grant of Interim Relief to the Central Government employees 29th April, 1985
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
Ministry of Finance
(Department of Expenditure)
New Delhi, the 29th April, 1985.
Subject: Grant of Interim Relief to the Central Government employees.
The Fourth Central Pay Commission have recommended an instalment of Interim Relief at the rate of 10% of the basic pay of the employees subject to a minimum of Rs.50/- per month to be paid with effect from 1st March, 1985. The Commission have further recommended that this amount of Interim Relief should be taken into account for determining the retirement benefits only and not for any other purpose.
2. The Government have accepted the above recommendation of the Pay Commission. Accordingly, the President is pleased to sanction an instalment of Interim Relief at the rate of 10% of the basic pay of the employees subject to a minimum of Rs.50/- per month with effect from 1st March, 1985. (Fractions of 50 paise and above will be rounded off to a rupee and those of less than 50 paise ignored).
Also Read - Expected DA from January 2017
Also Read : Draft minutes of Allowance Committee – DOP&T Specific allowances
The expression ‘basic pay’ would have the same meaning as given in F.R.9(21)(a)(i) and also non-practising allowance wherever admissible to Government Doctors. This would, however, not include special pay’ deputation pay (deputation duty allowance), special allowance or any addition to pay under any other nomenclature.
3. This amount of Interim Relief would be taken into account for determining retirement benefits and will not count for any other purpose i.e. for determining any allowances admissible on the basis of pay or emoluments.
4. The provisions of this Office Memorandum will also apply to the employees of Union Territories.
5. In so far as the officers serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned these orders issue after consultation with the Comptroller & Auditor General of India.
6. Hindi version is enclosed.
Joint Secretary to the Government of India