- CONFEDERATION-MEMORANDUM SUBMITTED TO 7TH CENTRAL PAY COMMISSION
- DA MERGER & INTERIM RELIEF- CONFEDERATION WRITES TO SECRETARY JCM STAFF SIDE, NATIONAL COUNCIL
- MyGov: A portal for Citizen Engagement towards governance launched
- Restructuring of certain Group ‘C’ cadres- matching savings
- Guidelines/Criteria for reimbursement of expenses for In-Vitro Fertilisation (IVF) treatment to Railway beneficiaries
- Form of Application for Commutation: CCS(CP) Second Amendment Rules, 2014
- The Lokpal and Lokayktas Act, 2013 – Submission of declaration of assets and liabilities by the public servants for each year…
- Award to Industrious Government Staffers
- New pension scheme’s drawbacks draw flak
- Brief feedback on BPS Preliminary meeting with 7th CPC on 23rd July 2014-DA /DR merger it is not covered by 7CPC TOR
Promotion of Assistant to the grade of Section Officer of Central Secretariat Service (CSS) on ad-hoc basis
Latest Income tax slabs for FY 2014-2015
Merger of Dearness Allowance with Basic Pay-Finance Ministry reply..
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
2nd Floor, Lok Navak Bhawan,Khan Market,
New Delhi-110 003, Date: 4th October, 2011.
Subject: Promotion of Assistant to the grade of Section Officer of Central Secretariat Service (CSS) on ad-hoc basis.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s OM No. 6/9/2010-CS-I(S) dated 11.11.2010, 07.04.2011 and 06.07.2011 on the subject mentioned above.
2. Considering the fact that posts are lying vacant in the Section Officers’ Grade in various Ministries/Departments mainly on account of court cases, it has been decided that eligible Assistants (who have completed 8 years of approved service in the grade of Assistant) upto SCSLs 2002 (Gen. & SC) may be promoted to the grade of Section Officer on ad-hoc basis to the extent of vacant posts available in the Cadre Units upto 31,10.2011. All the eligible Assistants of ST category upto SL 2002 were already promoted on ad-hoc basis vide OM No. 6/9/2010-CS-I(S) dated 11.11.2010. The ad-hoc promotion/appointment would be subject to the following conditions:
(i) The period of ad-hoc promotion would be upto 31.12.2011 or till the regular Section Officers are made available, whichever is earlier;
(ii) The ad-hoc appointments shall not confer on the appointees any right to continue in the grade indefinitely or for inclusion in the Select List of Section Officers for regular appointment or to claim seniority in the Section Officers grade of CSS;
(iii) Ad-hoc appointments would continue till regular candidates in Section Officer Grade are available either through Seniority Quota or Limited Departmental Competitive Examination (LDCE). In the event of the ad-hoc appointees not qualifying for regular appointment in either of these two categories, they will be reverted to the Assistants’ Grade on availability of such regular officers from the date they (regular Section Officers) join duty in their respective cadre units allotted to them by this Department
(iv) The effective date of ad-hoc promotion in respect of those found fit and clear from vigilance angle would be the date from which the officer concerned joins duty in Section Officers’ grade in his own cadre unit.
3. If any of the Officers, who is eligible for promotion in Section Officer grade on ad-hoc basis and is on deputation, he/she may be given option to revert within one month with a view to avail of the promotion on ad-hoc basis.
4. All the Cadre Units are requested to take urgent action to conduct DPCs in respect of all the Assistants within the Zone prescribed as at Para 2 above and to promote eligible Assistants to the grade of Section Officer on ad-hoc basis to the extent of vacancies available upto 31.10.2011. A copy of the appointment order may be endorsed to this Department.
5. The recommendations of the DPC in respect of the remaining eligible Assistants in the above zone, who are clear from vigilance angle and cannot be promoted by 31.10.2011 within the Cadre Unit due to lack of vacancies, may be forwarded to this Division by 15.11.2011 so that they could be promoted against existing vacancies in SO grade elsewhere.
6. It has also been decided that the period of ad-hoc promotion allowed upto 30.09.2011, in the case of existing ad-hoc Section Officers as communicated vide OM No. 6/9/2010-CS.I(S) dated 06.07.2011, may be extended upto 31.12.2011 subject to the conditions as prescribed in para 2 of this OM.
7. After the completion of the process as indicated in Para 4 & 5 above, all the Cadre Units are requested to convey the following information by 15.11 2011:
(i) The details of the Assistants promoted on ad-hoc basis in SO grade after the issue of this order (Annexure- I)
(ii) DPC recommendations in respect of the remaining eligible Assistants in the zone prescribed as indicated in Para 5 above (Annexure-II).