Reservation for Ex-Servicemen

September 6, 2011 11:24
Did you find this Updates interesting? Try our newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter and get our top new Updates delivered to your inbox

Reservation for Ex-Servicemen

There is no provision for earmarking of posts exclusively for ex- servicemen therefore the data on the actual number of reserved posts and unfilled vacancies earmarked for the Ex-servicemen are not maintained. However, percentagewise reservations ranging from 10 to 24.5% of the total available vacancies in Group C & D posts in Government jobs and Public Sector Undertakings have been provided for the willing and eligible Ex- servicemen.

It is the responsibility of concerned organization to fill the vacant posts. However the government endeavours to explore every possible avenue for increasing employment opportunities for the Ex-servicemen through various initiatives including trainings and awareness programmes. Moreover, the State Governments have also been advised to fill up the vacancies reserved for Ex-servicemen expeditiously. Since the Department of Ex-servicemen Welfare has no mandate to monitor the job reservations for Ex-servicemen, the matter has been taken up with Cabinet Secretariat in consultation with Department of Personnel & Training to empower Department of Ex-servicemen Welfare to monitor the same through appropriate changes in relevant rules.

This information was given by Minister of State for Defence Shri MM Pallam Raju in a written reply to Shri Ananth Kumar and Shri Devji M. Patel in Lok Sabha.

Enter email address for Latest updates, delivered to you by Govtempdiary.com.

Comments

1. Ramesh kumar says:

sir i m also ex. servicemen. will u tell me when will be vacent post for ex.servicemen in 2012.i want to apply in north railways . thanks

2. megh singh says:

Respected Mam/Sir,
    Iam an ex-serviceman having 17 years experience in Teaching/Training & management in Army.My educational qualification is B.AB.Ed & pursing M.A from IGNOU.Presently serving in Sainik School Tilaiya since 2006.I would like to search teaching/non teaching job in govt/private schools in uttrakhand.Pl ack.
    Thanks.
    Yours Megh Singh

3. Gaurav panchal says:

Helo sir, i wanna to that if any soldier served 10 years in army so he wil be given ex servicemen kota or not in various govt jobs

4. SWARAN SINGH says:

sir
    can you provide me the information regarding ex-servicemen reservation quota & rules in UP and Uttarakhand ?

up

5. Ex/Hav Salim Bhai says:

Sir can you provide me the information regarding Ex servicemen Reservation quota & Rules in Gujarat ? And will you tell me when will Be vacant post for Ex servicemen in 2012 I want apply SBI clerk. Thanks

6. Kalyan Roy Choudhery says:

Sir,
    I, 651329-N Warrant Officer K Roy Choudhery Rad/Fit discharged from service (IAF) ON 28th Dec 2004 on completion of 27 years.
    On reporting to the Zila Sainik Board Howrah(West Bengal)soon after my discharge for applying for a suitable job on availability basis,i was flatly denied to submit any application on the pretext of me completing 47 years of age.Till date i am jobless,pulling on with my sick wife.It is my sincere request to let me know the rules for registration of jobs and the maximum age limit permitted. Thanks,Regards.
    ph no:-9239258672

7. kishore says:

Dear sir,
    I am a dependent of disabled Ex-Serviceman, presently registere with Director of employment& training(DGE&T), Ex-Service cell, New Delhi for employment assistance under priority IIA on March 2010, but the infirmation received from the above office, that presently the central Govt.Department vacancies are not notifiying to this cell for sponsering my name. It is my request to know, have any chance to get employment assistance to me without any delay.
    Thanking you

8. Ashok kumar says:

sir i have job in army. can you porvoid to info ex ser. reservation quata in raj.

9. Mohammed Hyder.T says:

Sir
    I No.172934 H as Petty Officer (Indian Navy) discharged from service 31st May 2004 On reporting to the Zila Sink Board Ernakual ,Kerala for all porous But sir I am from Lakshadweep and Backward class(Scheduled Tribes) No Zila Sink Board at Lakshadweep .The Lakshadweep all rule from central Govt rule and I came for job in Lakshadweep they say no job for ex-service men after two year again approach for job and got job as LDC (as a petty Officer) same post naval Topaz(Group D) as a LDC why its this . can you provide me the information

10. Patel Haresh Kumar says:

Sir can you provide me the information regarding Ex servicemen Reservation quota & Rules in Gujarat ? Also specially I wanna know Reservation quota & Rules in teaching govt job coz I m a Bsc B.Ed with physics side

11. Satish Chandra says:

Sir,
    My Army service terminated on 01 Apr 2014. Retiring from Junior Commissioned Officer
    Seeking for Supervisory post in any Org.

12. Hoshiyar Nath Goswami says:

sir I am discharged from service after 16 year in that time my rank in Nk.so I shall be given ex servicemen kota or not in various govt jobs.I live in uttarakhand.

GET FREE EMAIL UPDATES