- Aicpin for month June 2014 increased by 2 points and pegged at 246
- Ceiling Rates for reimbursement of the cost of Cardiac pacemaker, AICD, Combo-device, Rotablator and Aortic Stent Graft to beneficiaries of CGHS/CS(MA) Rules.
- BPS supplementary memorandum to 7th CPC
- Memorandum including Proposed Pay Scales for Railway Employees has been submitted by AIRF to 7th Pay Commission on 30.07.2014.
- Minimum-Maximum pay Ratio 1:7-BPMS Memorandum
- BPMS Memorandum to 7th Central Pay Commission
- Requirement of Life Certificate at the time of first credit of pension
- Centre committed to implement ‘one rank, one pension’ scheme: V K Singh
- MACP ON PROMOTIONAL HIERARCHY – JUDGEMENT OF DELHI HIGH COURT WP (C) 3608-2014
- Whither OROP for ex-servicemen?
Implementation of Government’s decision on the recommendations of the Sixth Central Pay Commission – Revision of pension of pre-2006 pensioners/family pensioners etc
Latest Income tax slabs for FY 2014-2015
Merger of Dearness Allowance with Basic Pay-Finance Ministry reply..
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare
Lok Nayak Bhawan, New Delhi-110003
Dated the 25 June, 2010.
Sub: Implementation of Government’s decision on the recommendations of the Sixth Central Pay Commission – Revision of pension of pre-2006 pensioners/family pensioners etc
The undersigned is directed to say that in this Department’s O.M. of even number dated 21.5.2009 and 11.8.2009 it was provided that in case the’ information regarding date of birth/age is not available in the PPO or the office records, certain documents would be accepted as proof of date of birth/age for payment of additional pension/family pension on completion of age of 80 years and above. It was also provided that the Pension Disbursing Authority/Bank will make payment of additional pension/family pension in the above manner, on provisional basis, up to a period of three months from the month in which the proof of age/date of birth is submitted by the pensioner/family pensioner. In such cases, the Pension Disbursing Authority/Bank will immediately send one copy each of the document submitted by the pensioner/family pensioner to the Pay and Account Officer/CPAO for formal authorisation of the additional pension/family pension. The Pension Disbursing Authority/Bank will make payment of additional pension/family pension beyond a period of three months only on receipt of such an authorisation from the Pay and Account Officer.
2. Certain Pension Disbursing Banks to whom the documentary proof of age was submitted by the pensioners/family pensioners have informed that many Pay & Accounts Offices, to whom the same is forwarded as per OM of even number dated 21.5.2009 ,have not communicated to them their final authorisation in accordance with the above instructions. These Banks are, therefore, finding it difficult to continue the payment of additional pension beyond three months in the absence of the formal authorisation. The PAOs who are receiving the proof of age may get it sanctioned from HOOIHOD as per procedure invariably. In case the pensioner/family pensioner is unable to submit any of the documents mentioned in OMs dated 21.5.2009 and 11.8.2009 but claims additional pension based on some other documentary evidence, such cases will be submitted to the administrative Ministry. If the administrative Ministry is satisfied about the claim of the pensioner/family pensioner, it will authorise additional pension/family pension accordingly. The decision of the Administrative Ministry in this regard will be final.
3.CGA is requested to advise all Pay & Accounts Officers to take immediate action for getting the additional pension sanctioned from Head of Office/HODs so that the final authorisation of the additional pension may be done by the PAOs.
(Tripti P. Ghosh)