- Apollo pharmacy has announced discount scheme to all ECHS beneficiaries and their families
- Important message to employees who are retiring within the next six months
- Notification containing The Public Servants (Furnishing of Information and Annual Return of Assets and Liabilities and the limits for Exemption of Assets in Filing Returns) Rules, 2014
- 45th KVS National Sports Meet-2014 – regarding
- IT exemption limit for working women
- Order amending the Lokpal and Lokayuktas (Removal of Difficulties) Order, 2014 dated 15th February, 2014 for extending the time limit from 180 days to 270 days
- INCREASE IN RETIREMENT AGE OF SOLDIERS
- Implementation of OROP question again raised in Rajya sabha
- Procedure for payment and re-imbursement of Medical Expenses under ECHS..
- Transfer within factory organization
Implementation of Government’s decision on the recommendations of the Sixth Central Pay Commission – Revision of pension of pre-2006 pensioners/family pensioners etc
Latest Income tax slabs for FY 2014-2015
Merger of Dearness Allowance with Basic Pay-Finance Ministry reply..
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare
Lok Nayak Bhawan, New Delhi-110003
Dated the 25 June, 2010.
Sub: Implementation of Government’s decision on the recommendations of the Sixth Central Pay Commission – Revision of pension of pre-2006 pensioners/family pensioners etc
The undersigned is directed to say that in this Department’s O.M. of even number dated 21.5.2009 and 11.8.2009 it was provided that in case the’ information regarding date of birth/age is not available in the PPO or the office records, certain documents would be accepted as proof of date of birth/age for payment of additional pension/family pension on completion of age of 80 years and above. It was also provided that the Pension Disbursing Authority/Bank will make payment of additional pension/family pension in the above manner, on provisional basis, up to a period of three months from the month in which the proof of age/date of birth is submitted by the pensioner/family pensioner. In such cases, the Pension Disbursing Authority/Bank will immediately send one copy each of the document submitted by the pensioner/family pensioner to the Pay and Account Officer/CPAO for formal authorisation of the additional pension/family pension. The Pension Disbursing Authority/Bank will make payment of additional pension/family pension beyond a period of three months only on receipt of such an authorisation from the Pay and Account Officer.
2. Certain Pension Disbursing Banks to whom the documentary proof of age was submitted by the pensioners/family pensioners have informed that many Pay & Accounts Offices, to whom the same is forwarded as per OM of even number dated 21.5.2009 ,have not communicated to them their final authorisation in accordance with the above instructions. These Banks are, therefore, finding it difficult to continue the payment of additional pension beyond three months in the absence of the formal authorisation. The PAOs who are receiving the proof of age may get it sanctioned from HOOIHOD as per procedure invariably. In case the pensioner/family pensioner is unable to submit any of the documents mentioned in OMs dated 21.5.2009 and 11.8.2009 but claims additional pension based on some other documentary evidence, such cases will be submitted to the administrative Ministry. If the administrative Ministry is satisfied about the claim of the pensioner/family pensioner, it will authorise additional pension/family pension accordingly. The decision of the Administrative Ministry in this regard will be final.
3.CGA is requested to advise all Pay & Accounts Officers to take immediate action for getting the additional pension sanctioned from Head of Office/HODs so that the final authorisation of the additional pension may be done by the PAOs.
(Tripti P. Ghosh)