- 5th cpc DA order Jan 2014
- Ordnance factories witness cadre rift
- Excess pay given due to dept mistake cannot be recovered from the employee
- Immovable Property Return for the year 2013 (as on 31.12.2013) submission by PPS and above level officers CSSS- regarding.
- Computation of reservation-Court Matter
- Empanelment of Hospitals/ Eye Centres at Delhi under BSNLMRS
- Extension of retention of General Pool Residential Accommodation (GPRA) to the officers and staff of CPWD….
- 7th Pay Commission is seeking for suggestions on various issues
- Anomalies in the Pay Scales of Pharmacists – Grant of financial upgradation under MACP
- Payment of Dearness Allowance to Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) at revised rates w.e.f. 01.01.2014
Implementation of Government’s decision on the recommendations of the Sixth Central Pay Commission – Revision of pension of pre-2006 pensioners/family pensioners etc
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare
Lok Nayak Bhawan, New Delhi-110003
Dated the 25 June, 2010.
Sub: Implementation of Government’s decision on the recommendations of the Sixth Central Pay Commission – Revision of pension of pre-2006 pensioners/family pensioners etc
The undersigned is directed to say that in this Department’s O.M. of even number dated 21.5.2009 and 11.8.2009 it was provided that in case the’ information regarding date of birth/age is not available in the PPO or the office records, certain documents would be accepted as proof of date of birth/age for payment of additional pension/family pension on completion of age of 80 years and above. It was also provided that the Pension Disbursing Authority/Bank will make payment of additional pension/family pension in the above manner, on provisional basis, up to a period of three months from the month in which the proof of age/date of birth is submitted by the pensioner/family pensioner. In such cases, the Pension Disbursing Authority/Bank will immediately send one copy each of the document submitted by the pensioner/family pensioner to the Pay and Account Officer/CPAO for formal authorisation of the additional pension/family pension. The Pension Disbursing Authority/Bank will make payment of additional pension/family pension beyond a period of three months only on receipt of such an authorisation from the Pay and Account Officer.
2. Certain Pension Disbursing Banks to whom the documentary proof of age was submitted by the pensioners/family pensioners have informed that many Pay & Accounts Offices, to whom the same is forwarded as per OM of even number dated 21.5.2009 ,have not communicated to them their final authorisation in accordance with the above instructions. These Banks are, therefore, finding it difficult to continue the payment of additional pension beyond three months in the absence of the formal authorisation. The PAOs who are receiving the proof of age may get it sanctioned from HOOIHOD as per procedure invariably. In case the pensioner/family pensioner is unable to submit any of the documents mentioned in OMs dated 21.5.2009 and 11.8.2009 but claims additional pension based on some other documentary evidence, such cases will be submitted to the administrative Ministry. If the administrative Ministry is satisfied about the claim of the pensioner/family pensioner, it will authorise additional pension/family pension accordingly. The decision of the Administrative Ministry in this regard will be final.
3.CGA is requested to advise all Pay & Accounts Officers to take immediate action for getting the additional pension sanctioned from Head of Office/HODs so that the final authorisation of the additional pension may be done by the PAOs.
(Tripti P. Ghosh)