Payment of Dearness Allowance to Central Government Employees – Revised Rates effective from 1.1.2010.
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
New Delhi, the 26th March, 2010.
Subject:- Payment of Dearness Allowance to Central Government Employees – Revised Rates effective from 1.1.2010.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Ministry’s Office Memorandum No.1(6)/2009-E-II(B) dated 18th September, 2009 on the subject mentioned above and to say that the President is pleased to decide that the Dearness Allowance payable to Central Government employees shall be enhanced form the existing rate of 27% to 35% with effect from 1st January, 2010.
2. The provisions contained in paras 3, 4 and 5 of this Ministry’s O.M. No.1(3)/2008-E-II (B) dated 29th August, 2008 shall continue to be applicable while regulating Dearness Allowance under these orders.
3. The additional instalment of Dearness Allowance payable under these orders shall be paid in cash to all Central Government employees.
4. The payment of arrears of Dearness Allowance for the month of January and February, 2010 shall not be made before the date of disbursement of salary for March, 2010.
5. These orders shall also apply to the civilian employees paid from the Defence Services Estimates and the expenditure will be chargeable to the relevant head of the Defence Services Estimates. In regard to Armed Forces personnel and Railway employees separate orders will be issued by the Ministry of Defence and Ministry of Railways, respectively.
Also Read - Hiking Hardship Pay
Also Read:Expected DA Calculator For Bank Employees May to July 2017 .
6. In so far as the persons serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned, these orders issue after consultation with the Comptroller and Audit General of India.
(R. Prem Anand)
Under Secretary to the Government of India